Yes, that is what I was quoted for supplying and installing a toilet.
The house in Avondale had a few issues this past week. One was that the garage door came off the track and wouldn’t budge. I called my garage door guy who is the cheapest repairman in the world. He went over and re-aligned it and replaced a cable. Total bill was $77.
The next issue was that the tenant found a wet spot on the carpet in the upstairs hallway. I called Rescue Rooter to go figure out where the leak came from and they told me that the toilet bowl itself had a small hole in it. Then he proceeded to tell me about their toilet install.
I knew that it was going to be pricey when:
- He told me in detail about the great shut off valve that he was going to install
- He told me about the quality steel braided water line hose
- He told me about the fancy toilet floats and seals that they use
- He told me about the wax ring that was better than a regular wax ring
- He told me that he would adjust the toilet mechanicals in the other bathroom (toilet tune-up) normally $195, but he could do it for $99.
I should have stopped him, but I was very curious to find out the price. In my head my guesstimate is going from $300 to $400, to $500. Then he says 724 and I’m like seven dollars and twenty four cents? But he was seriously charging $724 for a toilet! I could get a whole bathroom redone for that! The good thing is that after I told him it was too high, he didn’t lower his price. He just said ok and left.
So I called another place today and they said that their ballpark is about $250, including the toilet.